Splash & Dash is a Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation annual fundraising event, supporting vital programs and services to improve the lives of all our patients in the hospital and young cancer patients and their families on Sarah’s Floor, at the Montreal Children’s Hospital.
- Dr. Clown
- Music Therapy
- Pet Therapy
- Nurse Training and Social Services
- We Should Talk (Campaign)
What is Splash & Dash?
Splash & Dash is a fun-filled day of Swim-Bike-Run races for adults, high school students and families. For our teams with young children under the age of 8 years old it is a Run-Swim-Run relay.
The event is open to everyone – no matter what your age or athletic ability. There are four registration categories for your team to choose from:
- Open Triathlon Challenge
- Friends & Family Triathlon – LONG
- Friends & Family Triathlon – SHORT
- Friends & Family Splash and Dash Relay
The Open Triathlon Challenge is a timed race, with medals given out to the winners where as the all the other categories are not competitive and just for fun!
New this year: Triathlons!
One person will swim in the pool, while the second person spins on a stationary bike and the third person runs on the indoor track. There are three categories of Triathlon:
- A timed and competitive race for participants 16 years old and over.
- The three segments (Swim-Bike-Run) are raced as a relay (one after the other).
- Teams can be one individual participating in all 3 segments, 2-person team where one participant will complete 2 segments or 3-person team where each participant will compete their own discipline.
Family & Friends
- 2 options: short or long
- Non competitive race
- Bike participants must be 8 years old and over.
- The three disciplines (Swim-Bike-Run) will start simultaneously with all three participants starting at the same time in the pool, stationary bike and track.
- Cut-Off Time indicates the time that will be allocated to the participant who does not complete the required distance prior to the cut-off time.
- RELAY each segment of the race starts one after the other.
- Simultaneous all segments of the race starts at the same time.
Are you ready? Register now!
Or if you’re not into swimming, spinning on a bike or running, but would still like to take part – join our team of over 200 volunteers!
Why Splash & Dash?
Splash & Dash raises money for Sarah’s Fund for Cedars, founded in 2001 by a then 8-year old girl undergoing treatment for Ewing’s Sarcoma. Since its inception Sarah’s Fund has raised over $1.9 million to support the needs of the Hematology-Oncology division at The Montreal Children’s Hospital.
This year our goal is to raise $200,000 for vital programs and services improving the lives of young cancer patients and their families on Sarah’s Floor, the inpatient oncology ward at the Montreal Children’s Hospital.